What is coconut flour anyway and how is it made? I wondered the same thing so I looked into it and found out that coconut flour is made from the pulp of a coconut. It is a product that looks and feels like flour but it is actually a by-product which is made from what is left over after coconut milk is made. So they soak the coconut meat then press the milk out. After that the pulp is dried and then it is ground into a powdery flour. Coconut flour is extremely high in fiber, it has almost twice as much fiber as wheat bran does. Coconut milk needs a lot of moisture since it is to high in fiber. Because of that there can be no equal substitutions for coconut flour. Coconut flour is also sweeter than most other flours so most recipes call for less sweeteners.
Because coconut flour is so different from other flours it really is necessary to use a recipe that someone else has experimented with and perfected so that the outcome will be good. Plus using ready made recipes will save you a lot of time, money and messes, not to mention frustration.
So, just pick a couple of the Paleo coconut flour recipes and get started cooking. I think you will love coconut flour after you try some of these recipes and be glad you tried it.
I have another Paleo coconut flour recipe post which is part 1 of this post. None of the recipes are the same so you better check those recipes out too.
Other recipes you may also enjoy:
- 25 Paleo Coconut Flour Recipes Part 2 that will Wow You Again!
- 1. Paleo Coconut Flour Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 2. Paleo Coconut Flour Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3. Paleo Coconut Flour Chocolate Chunk Blondies Recipe
- 4. Paleo German Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 5. Paleo Nut Free Brownie Cookies Recipe
- 6. Paleo Carrot Cake Donuts Recipe
- 7. Paleo Triple Chocolate Avocado Muffins Recipe
- 8. Paleo Coconut Flour Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 9. Paleo Purple Sweet Potato Spread Recipe
- 10. Paleo Skillet Berry Cobbler Recipe
- Click here to see recipes 13-25