Chickpeas are a legume that contain lots of protein and fiber and they have a great nutty flavor. Chickpeas are most popular in countries such as India, Pakistan, Turkey, and Australia but they are becoming more popular in the United States, especially with people who are allergic to gluten.
I happen to like Indian food a lot and I found some great Indian recipes that are included in this post. However, there are a variety of recipes in this post so if you don’t happen to love Indian food as much as I do, then there are some other great options to try.
If you are new to cooking with chickpea flour or are a lover of it, I hope that at least a few of these gluten-free chickpea flour recipes will speak to you.
Note: As I have mentioned in other posts chickpea flour, garbanzo bean flour, gram flour, and besan flour are the same thing.
Wondering where to find chickpea flour? I like to either buy this on Amazon or it’s even better to buy it sprouted (so much easier than doing it yourself) and if you aren’t already a member of Thrive Market, you can get a free bag of sprouted garbanzo bean flour + $1.95 shipping + 30 day trial + 15% off first purchase – or existing members will receive a free bag with any purchase over $50. Click here for this special offer just for readers of My Natural Family.
If you liked this post you might also be interested in these posts:
- 1. Chickpea and Polenta Homemade Crackers Recipe
- 2. Garbanzo Bean Flour Pancakes Recipe
- 3. Chickpea Flour and Swiss Chard Savory Crepes with Mint Ginger Raita Recipe
- 4. Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- 5. Chickpea Flour Snack Cakes – Khaman Dhokla Recipe
- 6. Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi – Gatta Curry Recipe
- 7. Raisin Spice Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 8. Almond Chickpea Cookies Recipe
- 9. Yellow Squash Dumplings Recipe
- 10. Crispy Chickpea Onion Rings Recipe
- 11. Burmese Chickpea Tofu Recipe
- 12. Socca with Sauteed Chard and Parmesan Recipe
- Click here to see recipes 13-25