Our family has probably eaten thousands of these spelt tortillas over the years. They are great plain, cooked in oil in the frying pan, as a thin pizza crust, as quesadillas, toasted with cinnamon & sugar, as a sandwich wrap, and for all the regular Mexican dishes. They have very few ingredients and my children LOVE to help making them.
- 2 1/4 cups light spelt flour (see below)
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 4 tsp. water
- Mix the flour and oil together with either a fork or pastry cutter
- Stir in the water
- Form into a ball
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Break into pieces and roll out with a rolling pin or a tortilla press if you feel so inclined
- Cook for a few minutes on each side in a hot, preheated 12″ frying pan
The fine print: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. My Natural Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I try my best to be honest and will not recommend product I truly don't believe in. The advice shared in this post has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.