Almond Flour Muffins Recipe with Granola Topping
Try these almond flour Paleo muffins today. You’ll love the light texture of the muffins combined with the crunchy topping and are wonderful to make ahead of time for a quick breakfast-on-the-go.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (160 C). Lightly grease a 6-hole silicone muffin tin.
- In a small saucepan, melt the palm shortening or ghee then pour in a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca and salt.
- Separate the eggs, putting the whites in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Place the yolks in the bowl with the melted butter, add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the bowl with the flours and whisk until you get a smooth batter without lumps.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs whites until soft peaks form. Stir the baking soda into the batter and then, using a spatula, beat in one-third of the whipped egg whites to lighten the batter. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of batter into each hole and bake for about 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer poked into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, in a bowl combine the granola and honey until the mixture is very sticky. Set aside.
- Leave to set for about 5 minutes, then take the muffins out from the tin and place them on a cooling rack.
- Using a knife, spread some honey over the top of a muffin and straight after, top with granola mixture until you cover all the top of the muffin. Use more honey if needed! Repeat this operation for each muffin. Enjoy!
Keywords: Paleo Muffins, Almond Flour, Granola Muffins, Muffins