Do you want to know how Bentonite Clay Bath Benefits your body? A lot of ways. Keep reading and you’ll find out how I like to use it.
If you read my blog regularly, you know that I love Bentonite clay. I regularly make my own clay pills to help clean toxins out of my body and we use it as a paste on cuts, scrapes, bruises, etc. and help it to heal. But here’s my favorite way to use clay – clay baths!
If you put all the medical reasons aside, if I want to really relax and feel really nice afterward, I take a clay bath. Clay is a wonderful puller of all things negative out of your body. It’s a really good way to cleanse your body. I know there are a lot of other detox baths out there and I’ve tried some but none come close to a good soak in a clay bath (although I admit I’ve never tried an essential oil detox bath since I like clay baths so much).
After doing some research on cleansing, clay baths were mentioned several times so I figured I would give it a try. So I bought some magnetic clay.
To take a clay bath:
- Put about 2-3 inches of as hot of water as your tub will do.
- Add one cup of clay and anything else you want to add, like Epsom salt or essential oils.
- Go out of the bathroom and let the clay soak into the water and let the clay settle down so you don’t breathe it in.
- Put your hair up in a bun.
- Turn the water back on and get it to the point where there is just enough water to cover your body and get fully immersed, as hot as you can stand it.
- Lay there for about 20-30 minutes. I put a movie on my computer then put the computer on the toilet and relax and I love it! If there are any clumps in the water, you smash them with your hand then just drain it when you are done.
- I always take a shower after to drain all the clay down the drain for sure.
I’ve read you can add up to 5 pounds of the clay but that sounds expensive and hard on my pipes, so I’ve never done more than 3 cups. I usually do 2 cups. I figure I’d rather do more baths more often than one super-awesome one.
I don’t think my body could handle that much clay anyway. I used to get really light headed after taking a bath but I don’t anymore – but I always sleep really well after one.
Here is a summary of clay baths benefits that I have experienced:
- lowers the body’s PH levels
- adds minerals into your body
- feel “lighter”
If you want to read more about, try here: