This peach and berries almond milk chia parfait is the perfect breakfast that it will make you jump out of bed! It is super healthy, can be made ahead the day before and… it can be a grab-and-go-breakfast!
The meal I struggled the most with when I switched to Paleo was the breakfast. After having had the same breakfast routine for over ten years, which consisted in a couple of pieces of toasts with butter and some milk on weekdays and some scrambled eggs or oatmeal on the weekends, it seemed there couldn’t be any other quick weekday breakfast options for me.
I mean, who makes sweet potato pancakes or eggs Benedict on artichoke hearts at 7 am before going to work? I needed to find simple breakfasts for busy mornings, or even better, a breakfast that I could make ahead the night before. Over the years I’ve been on the Paleo diet, I’ve had several breakfast options. For a long time, I had homemade granola or smoothies but I found them a little bit of a hassle to make daily. I also tried frittatas, which are great because it’s just mixed together and placed in the oven, but unfortunately, frittatas don’t work with my metabolism at 8 am so for me it’s categorized as a brunch meal.
So finally, I came up with the perfect breakfast that makes me jump out of bed!. This parfait is super healthy, it can be made ahead the day before and… it can be a grab-and-go-breakfast!
One of the things I love about this parfait is the variety – I never know what I’m going to get in each bite because it has overnight chia pudding, Paleo granola , strawberries, peaches, blackberries and dark chocolate shavings on it.
I also love having fresh fruit every morning and find it’s really good for my digestion, along with the chia seeds and the granola helps to keep me full all morning.
I love to eat this parfait enjoying every layer; first, picking with my hands the fruit, tasting the blackberries one at a time and then the pieces of peaches. After that, I grab a spoon and I carefully eat the chocolate shavings letting it melt in my mouth. Lastly, I scoop out the granola with some strawberry chia seed pudding leaving the slices of strawberries for the end.
I would love to know if you like this recipe as much as I do and what you think of it. Please comment below and let me know what you think.
You may also like these recipes:
Peach and Berries Almond Milk Chia Parfait Recipe
This peach and berries almond milk parfait is the perfect breakfast that it will make you jump out of bed! It is super healthy, can be made ahead the day before and… it can be a grab-and-go-breakfast!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 8 large fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed and chopped.
- 2 large strawberries, washed, stem removed and cut in slices
- 1 cup almond milk (or plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Paleo granola (or granola of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate shavings
- 2 peaches, cut in slices
- 10 fresh blackberries
- Place the chopped strawberries and the almond milk in the bowl of a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth.
- In a bowl, pour the strawberry “smoothie”, the chia seeds and cinnamon and using a wire whisk mix to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the seeds absorb all the liquid. Alternately, you may let them soak overnight.
- Pour the mixture into a jar with lid, if you’re planning to take it on the go, or a glass, until half full, then place the strawberries slices around the sides of the glass.
- For the second layer, spoon in half of the granola and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of chocolate shavings.
- Top with the slices of one peach and half of the blackberries and don’t forget to sprinkle on more chocolate shavings!
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make the second parfait. Enjoy!
Nutrition information does not include the granola
Keywords: Easy, Make Ahead