This homemade healthy Granola Plus 9 Best Clean Eating Granola Recipes is one of the most addicting snacks on the planet. You have been warned. It is the big cluster type of granola (am I the only one that buys granola just to pick out the big clusters?). Which is one of the many reasons why I LOVE it!
It also reminds me of tropical places; beaches, sand, palm trees, waves, and sunny skies. Coconut tends to do that to me, and this is the time of year when I start wishing (almost daily) that I was laying on a beach somewhere warm…since I can’t drop everything and head to Hawaii – like now – I make this granola to drown my woes.
Of course, if you don’t like coconut and/or ginger, it is super easy to leave out or to replace it with something out. Just use this basic recipe and tweak it to make it exactly how you like it.
Although this recipe is addicting, you can feel good about including it as a daily breakfast or snack. It is made with whole grains, healthy fats, and no refined sugar. My husband and I like to eat it for breakfast and my kids like to eat it plain as a snack, but feel free to get creative. It tastes fabulous on yogurt, overnight oats, and ice cream (if you need a sweet treat).
Please comment below and let me know if you like it and if you make any changes to the ingredients. I would love to know some delicious combinations!
You may also like these recipes:Print
Coconut Ginger Homemade Healthy Clean Eating Granola Recipe
This homemade healthy granola recipe is made with whole grains, healthy fats, and no refined sugar. It tastes fabulous on yogurt, overnight oats, and ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2.5 Hours
- Total Time: 2.75 Hours
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup whole grain spelt flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Real salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pure coconut extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
- Combine the dry ingredients into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Spread out on a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake 15 minutes and then turn the baking pan around
- Bake another 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 2-3 hours and then crumble into clusters
- Store in an airtight container
Keywords: Make Ahead, Healthy, Tasty