This healthy honey garlic chicken only takes half an hour and is so easy, yummy and better for you than the restaurant version. Who knows . . . you may prefer this and not even want to go out to eat!
Sticky chicken is one of those foods that I LOVE, but almost never eat…well, because it is fried, and fried food tastes delicious but makes me feel awful. It’s almost like a weird blessing that fried food doesn’t agree with my stomach :).
Anyways, everything changed the other day for the better! I was perusing through a cookbook that had the most insanely delicious picture of sticky fingers when I got the idea (that I should’ve had ages ago) – I can make sticky fingers with chicken that isn’t fried – life changing!
I also thought, while I am at it, I will make a sauce with significantly less sugar and only use natural sweeteners…so I got to work and served it for dinner, and I am super proud to announce that my husband has declared this chicken his new favorite dinner!
For good reason too – it is insanely delicious, healthy, and so easy to make! This is one of those dinners that come together in less than 30 minutes, taste great, and the entire family loves it. It is definitely my favorite type of dinner recipe.
I served mine over brown rice and roasted veggies, but feel free to serve it however you’d like. Some ideas are to replace the rice with cauliflower rice and/or add some broccoli, carrots or red peppers to the pan.
I would love to know if you try this recipe and what you think of it. Please comment below and let me know what you think.
Healthy Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
This Paleo honey garlic chicken only takes half an hour and is so easy, yummy and better for you than the restaurant version.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos (soy sauce or tamari may be substituted)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then add to the hot skillet
- Sear chicken on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- Add the honey garlic sauce ingredients to the pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thickens slightly (about 3-4 minutes).
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Keywords: Healthy, Easy