These Keto stuffed peppers are a flavorful, refreshing twist from the ordinary since they are poblano peppers stuffed with turkey or chicken, goat cheese and topped with an easy, homemade salsa verde.
Are you all recovering from Thanksgiving? Was anyone else’s house a terrible disaster? I came home to a messy kitchen after a fun-filled day with family. I am not going to lie, coming home to a messy house, puts me in a little bit of a bad mood (even when it is my own fault that it is messy). No worries though, I got it cleaned up and kept my mood to myself :).
Did anyone hit the Black Friday Sales? We are going later this morning. We are not hardcore enough to wake up super early or stay out all night, and honestly, I don’t have anything specific to buy. I just like spending time with my mom and sisters. They are a pretty fun crowd!
Anyway, as we are all recovering from shopping, food, and family we are probably looking at all of our leftovers, wondering what we are going to do with it all. No worries, I have a solution for you!
I highly recommend transforming your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers to these delicious, flavorful, and super simple stuffed peppers. Seriously, they come together super fast when you use leftovers, and they are so dang tasty and will give your turkey a much different and refreshing flavor.
Tips and tricks for this recipe:
- I use my homemade salsa verde since it is so easy to make and tastes so dang GOOD, but you could easily use store-bought.
- I use poblano or pasilla peppers. They have the slightest hint of spice and taste AWESOME, plus I found them for a great deal at my local grocer.
- If you can’t find them, you can try these with green bell pepper, but I hate to say it, the results won’t be quite as good – that’s just how it is, sorry :(…
- If you decide to make these and you don’t have any leftover turkey, no worries! Chicken works great.
Please comment below and let me know if you like this recipe and if you make any modifications.
You may also like these recipes:
Salsa Verde Keto Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These stuffed peppers are a flavorful, refreshing twist from the ordinary since they are poblano peppers stuffed with turkey or chicken, goat cheese and topped with an easy, homemade salsa verde.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 poblano or pasilla peppers
- 12 oz cooked and shredded turkey or chicken
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place the peppers directly on the medium flame of a gas stove and turn every minute or so, until all sides are slightly charred. If you do not have a gas stove, place the peppers on a cookie sheet and broil in the oven, turning every couple of minutes to ensure all side get slightly charred.
- Once the peppers are charred, put them immediately in a covered bowl or a large ziplock bag and allow them to sit approx 5-10 minutes.
- Once the peppers have cooled, gently rub off the skin with a paper towel and then cut a slit down the middle to remove the seeds (I also cut off the tops of the peppers to make it easier)
- Stuff each pepper with 3 oz turkey or chicken and 1 oz goat cheese and place in a lightly greased 3 quart baking dish
- After the peppers are stuffed, pour salsa verde over the peppers
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro and serve
Keywords: Refreshing, Flavorful, Original