My grandmother used to grow and cook hubbard squash. It is a very old variety and they grow very big and the outside shell is very very hard. But oh, does it taste sooooo gooood. I don’t have any recipes here for hubbard squash but if you are able to find some or grow some, they are a lot of fun. The outside shell is so hard my mother used to use a hatchet to cut it. That was after she broke her good sturdy thick kitchen knife trying to cut one open. Then she tried a new method of breaking into that sucker. She just took the whole thing and threw it in the oven and baked it half way. Then she took is out of the oven, cut into it, took the seeds out and cut it up into smaller pieces. Then she finished baking it. I have to say my mother is a very smart woman.
Have you ever thought of having squash in your salad? I hadn’t either but there a few recipes here for salad that have squash in them. I never heard of squash hash browns or fritters either. I have a couple recipes for those too.
Whichever of these side dish Paleo squash recipes look good to you, I say ENJOY! I love squash so I will that’s for sure.
Other recipes you may also enjoy:
- 25 of the Best Ever Side Dish Paleo Squash Recipes
- 1. Paleo Roasted Acorn Squash with Chermoula Sauce Recipe
- 2. Paleo Steamed Pumpkin and Baby Bok Choy with Ginger Sesame Sauce Recipe
- 3. Paleo Spaghetti Squash with Prosciutto, Sage & Butternut Squash Recipe
- 4. Paleo Zucchini Hummus Recipe
- 5. Paleo Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
- 6. Paleo Garlic and Kale Acorn Squash Recipe
- 7. Paleo Roasted Delicata Squash, Pear and Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- 8. Paleo Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns Recipe
- 9. Paleo Butternut Squash and Chard in Spicy Harissa Coconut Sauce Recipe
- 10. Paleo Baked Squash with Apples and Cranberries Recipe
- 11. Paleo Curried Butternut Squash Salad with Apples, Dates and Pecans Recipe
- 12. Paleo Skinny Roasted Butternut Squash Mash Recipe