This chocolate peppermint swirl soft Paleo sugar cookies recipe would be great to make for that Christmas party you have coming up. Not sure what you are going to make for your holiday treat yet? This time of year is so crazy you might enjoy these simple chocolate peppermint cookies. These cookies combine chocolate and peppermint in a soft sugar cookie that is festive, easy to make, and Paleo.
Are you going to a party or having a party where you decorate cookies but you don’t want to because “normal” cookies aren’t Paleo? Well, here is the recipe for you. Bring these and decorate them and they will want to try these Paleo sugar cookies! I also think these are a great treat to share with the neighbors.
What does your neighborhood do at holiday time? I don’t know about you, but at our home, we have so many treats coming from left and right and not always things that work with our dietary needs. We have about a week of treats constantly from neighbors all around.
Every holiday season one of our neighbors hosts a party where they have tons of treats at an open house. Before that, they hand out paper white lunch sacks and little candles and everyone on our street lines the street with luminaries. We have loved this tradition and it gives us a great time to spend time with our neighbors.
Christmas caroling is also a fun event for everyone and this year we’re going to bring around a little Christmas tree decoration and some of these Paleo sugar cookies that we’re going to make before caroling. Do you do anything with your neighbors for the holidays? What kind of traditions do you have with them?
If you like these Paleo sugar cookies, you may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe
These Paleo Peppermint Cookies are fun and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Add all ingredients except for the cocoa powder and peppermint oil to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough.
- Remove the dough from the processor and divide in half.
- Place half of the dough back in the processor and add the peppermint oil.
- Process until the oil is blended into the dough. Remove and set aside.
- Place the other half of the dough in the food processor and add the cocoa powder.
- Process until the cocoa is completely blended into the dough. Remove.
- Place each ball of dough between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Roll each ball out to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Remove the top layer of waxed paper from each Turn one of the sheets of dough over on top of the other sheet of dough.
- Peel of the top layer of waxed paper and lightly press both layers of dough into each other.
- Roll the dough up into a log, lengthwise in.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough log into rounds that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay the cookies out on the prepared baking sheet leaving at least 1 ” of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.