This slow cooker chicken thighs paleo recipe with garlic honey is a great easy one pot meal that can be versatile so you can change ingredients to your liking. Here where we live in Utah we have a lot of snow recently (Jan. 2016) including southern and central where there typically isn’t a ton of snow. Also, there were the huge storms on the East Coast. My friend who lives in Arizona got snow. This is a big winter and you know what this weather makes me want?
Yummy, warm food.
There is nothing like being by a fireplace or warm home with a bowl of delicious chicken and rice. I love this recipe because it has your meat, veggies, and sauce all in one pot and it ends up with a sweet and tangy flavor and is so easy but doesn’t have all the questionable ingredients that similar recipes have. You can also change up the ingredients and try other things you like, such as green beans, sweet or white potatoes, snap peas, butternut squash, etc. – really almost any vegetable will work and you can change up the flavor just by experimenting with the vegetables.
This is a slow cooker chicken thighs paleo recipe that can be served with the grain of your choice or without one. It is packed with lots of flavor and vegetables. We hope you enjoy our recipe and let us know what you think and any adaptions that you decide to make. We would love to hear from you.
What are your favorite things to do on a cold winters day? We love to stay inside and play games or watch a movie together. Share in the comments what you like to eat or activities you enjoy doing in the cold winter days to make it more enjoyable.
If you like this slow cooker chicken thighs paleo Recipe, you may also like these recipes:Print
This is quick, simple and healthy and ends up with a delicious depth of flavor.
- 8 Chicken Thighs (bone-skin removed)
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Bell Peppers (red, yellow or orange, sliced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Sliced into thick pieces)
- 1 Zucchini (Cut into 2-3″ spears)
- 1 Tbl Arrowroot Starch
- 1 Tbl Water
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Place the chicken in the base of a crock pot. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and chili flakes.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add the onion, sliced peppers, and sliced zucchini to the crock pot. Cook for one more hour.
- Mix the arrowroot powder and water together to form a smooth mixture.
- Pour into the crockpot and mix into the cooking liquid by tossing around the chicken and vegetables. Let cook for another 10 minutes, or until liquid thickens enough to coat the chicken and vegetables. Add cilantro to the chicken and toss to distribute.
- Serve alone or with your favorite side.
I hope you enjoy this slow cooker chicken thighs paleo recipe and come back for more too.