These Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are not too sweet, full of pumpkin spice flavor, and have that cake-y texture that you would expect from Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Not to brag, but these are really good.
My mother-in-law brought me some regular pumpkin chocolate chip cookies the day I was working on these and I didn’t even want to eat them because I liked these Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies better. These aren’t very sweet. There is only 1 T. of oil in the whole batch and only 2 T. of honey. I used a little applesauce to help sweeten it too.
When I was growing up, my mom always made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and cake in the fall. Now that I’m on the Paleo diet, I was missing that combo, so I set out to come up with a Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe that was good enough I wouldn’t miss my mom’s cookies.
As with most Paleo baked goods, these are the very best on the same day they are baked. I’ve noticed that generally, Paleo baked goods dry out faster than their non-Paleo counterparts.
I love to make cookies like these to put in my children’s lunches because they taste good, so they are motivated to eat the healthy part of their lunch, but because there are healthy things with substance in them too, like pumpkin and almond flour. I
‘ve even been known to eat healthy cookies like these for breakfast. Because, these are basically flat muffins and muffins are a breakfast food, so why not? Well, you shouldn’t do that every day, but it works fine for a special breakfast.
Please let me know if you try these cookies and if you like them and what you eat them with and for what meal. I’m sure others will appreciate your comments.
If you like these Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, you may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips Recipe
These are not too sweet, full of pumpkin spice flavor and have that cake-y texture that you would expect from a pumpkin cookie.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, honey, oil, and vanilla until smooth and well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix in until well dispersed.
- Scoop about 2 T. rounds of dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Best eaten same day made.