This Paleo Twix Pie has some of my favorite things all together in one happy dessert – Pie crust, chocolate and caramel all combined to make one decadent, rich Paleo twix pie. You’ve got to try it today!
We’re knee-deep in the middle of holidays. It seems like three months straight of holidays full of fun decorations, parties, costumes and CANDY! It’s everywhere. If you can avoid the grocery store for the next three months, I recommend it (after the candy comes the holiday indulgences :).*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
If I let poor judgement take control at the grocery store, I would come home with nothing but a cart full of Twix, peanut butter cups, and Snickers. Thankfully, I haven’t given into my sugary instincts…but that doesn’t mean I haven’t considered it :).
Since I don’t want to miss out on all of the candy and fun that comes with the holidays, I decided to make my own version of my favorite candy bar…and dare I say, this Twix pie is better…yes, better than the traditional candy bar.
This pie is rich and indulgent with oozing caramel, a shortbread cookie crust, and a dark chocolate topping. I don’t even think about buying Twix bars anymore, but I do think about making this pie everyday…really, I think about it all the time :).
Finally, not only does this pie taste incredible, but it is Vegan and Paleo friendly! It is made with nutrient-rich almond flour, heart-healthy coconut milk, and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate. Now you can enjoy the Halloween treats with the rest of the crowd, but don’t have to feel an ounce of guilt. I love that!
- If you don’t want to make it a pie, this can easily be made into bars by using an 8×8 baking dish instead of a pie plate
- I highly recommend using Honeyville almond flour – I have had really bad luck with some other brands (but I haven’t tried them all)
- Coconut cream is the cream on top of canned coconut that is formed after the can has been sitting in the refrigerator overnight
If you like this Paleo Twix Pie, you may also like these recipes:Print
I love the combo of caramel and chocolate in this Paleo twin pie. I can’t believe it’s grain-free and re-fined sugar free!
For the Crust
For the Caramel
For the Chocolate Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust in a large bowl
- Press the dough into a well greased pie plate or 8×8 baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crust has just barely started to brown
- Allow to cool
- While crust is cooling heat the ingredients for the caramel in a saucepan over medium heat
- Allow to come to a boil and reduce heat to low
- Stirring frequently, allow caramel to simmer for 15-20 minutes until it starts to thicken
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for another 15-20 minutes
- Once the caramel sauce has slightly cooled, pour into prepared cookie crust
- Refrigerate until caramel firms up
- Once caramel is firm (I put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make sure it was really firm) melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Spread chocolate over caramel layer
- Refrigerate until chocolate layer has set up 5-10 minutes