These Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers make a quick weeknight meal that is not only easy and healthy but packed with flavor. I love how the sweet red peppers give it flavor without being overpowering.
I’m a huge fan of stuffed peppers and this recipe really takes the cake! Cooked to perfection, these stuffed peppers are easy to whip up and are incredibly delicious. Double win!
A crucial step to this recipe is the prep work on the bell peppers. Before you fill them with the ground turkey mixture, you must first roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes. This gives the peppers a beautiful texture and consistency.
You can have tons of fun when it comes to garnishing these stuffed bell peppers. I opted for a generous dollop of avocado sprinkled with coriander. I would also suggest a spoonful of sour cream and extra sharp cheddar cheese (shredded, course!). The more flavors, the better!
I LOVE red peppers! They are one of my favorite vegetables. I love the hint of sweetness they provide. I also love that they are loaded with Vitamin C, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. That must be the reason why this is one of my favorite go-to weeknight dinners. It’s fast, easy, and nutritious to boot!
This recipe is very basic. It could be fancied up by adding black beans, corn, onion, etc. However, I really like it as is. I melt a slice of cheese over my hubby’s portion, and he loves it as well!
I used organic ground turkey and quinoa, but beef and brown rice could be substituted if that is what you have on hand. I also use a green chili natural salsa (my local grocer makes it fresh, and it’s delightful), but a canned salsa would be great, or even better – homemade. I garnish my stuffed peppers with Greek yogurt, avocado, and cilantro.
I would love to know if you try this recipe and what you think of it and if you made any changes to it. Please comment below and let me know!
Healthy Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are a quick weeknight meal that are not only easy and healthy but packed with flavor. I love how the sweet red peppers give it flavor without being overpowering.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 16 ounce green chili salsa (or your favorite flavor)
- 4 sweet red peppers
- 1/2 T coconut oil, melted
- Sliced cheddar cheese (optional)
- Greek yogurt
- Avocado or guacamole
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees
- De-seed the red peppers and cut in half
- Place face down on a baking sheet
- Brush the melted coconut oil onto the peppers
- Roast the peppers in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- While the pepper are roasting, cook the ground turkey and quinoa (if not already cooked)
- Combine the turkey, quinoa, and salsa in a large bowl.
- Once the peppers are done, remove from the oven and flip over on the baking sheet.
- Scoop equal amounts of turkey mixture into each half.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Add sliced cheese on top of the peppers the last 3-5 minutes of baking.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Keywords: healthy, basic, gluten-free, Clean Eating