Soft-Batch Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These are the softest cookies I have ever tried. They are seriously better than regular chocolate chip cookies.
- Prep Time: 75 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 105 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the maple syrup and honey and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick. Add the chocolate chips and mix for about 5 seconds until evenly distributed.
- Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together if you work the dough with your hands as you roll into individual balls. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls. Press down to the shape you want, because whatever shape they start with is pretty much the shape they will end up as.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven and you may not think they are done, but they overcook easily, so don’t leave them in until they look done. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- These cookies can be a little tricky to get correct and I recommend you do some testing with one cookie at a time until you find the correct cooking time for your oven, location and personal preferences.
- As some people have commented, these do not taste exactly like “regular” chocolate chip cookies so please don’t expect them to but appreciate them as a chocolate chip cookie you can actually eat on the Paleo diet. The longer you are on the Paleo diet, the more you will appreciate foods not choke full of sugar and with unique Paleo ingredients.
Keywords: softest, best, healthy