I'm so in love with this Clean Eating simple chicken korma. It's so good and only takes a few minutes to get it started and then most of the rest of the time I can do whatever I want while it cooks.
- 2 Tbl coconut oil (I use coconut oil)
- 6 large Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp fresh green chilies (serrano, Thai or jalapeno, optional)
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (optional)
- Real salt (to taste)
- 1 can Coconut Milk (full fat)
Last Minute Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes (unsweetened (optional)
- Ginger Essential Oil (or alternately add 1/2 tsp ginger with the spices)
- Fresh Cilantro (to garnish)
- Put all the main ingredients and spices in a oven-safe frying pan with high sides or an enameled dutch oven. Put the spices on both side of the chicken.
- Cook, turning the chicken half way through, until the chicken is 3/4th cooked, the onions are translucent and the spices are browned
- Pour the can of coconut milk into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover.
- Place the pan in an oven preheated to 325 degrees. Cook for one hour, or until the chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken lightly. Check seasonings and add more salt, if desired. Add cashews, coconut flakes and ginger. Garnish with cilantro. Serve atop red quinoa or other grain, such as rice. Jasmine rice is my favorite, although not strictly Clean Eating. I also really like short grain brown rice and mashed cauliflower with this dish.
Instant Pot Directions
- Put the main ingredients, coconut milk and spices in the Instant Pot . I always use frozen chicken and they have enough moisture that I don't add water, but I would guess with fresh chicken you will need to add a little water. Add as little as possible so the spices will brown.
- Push the Soup button and let it cook for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- Let the steam out. The chicken should be super soft. If not, cook for a few more minutes.
- Shred chicken lightly. Check seasonings and add more salt, if desired. Add cashews, coconut flakes and ginger. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve over a grain, as mentioned above.
*If at any time during the baking process you feel the liquid levels are too low or the sauce is too thick, add in another 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
Keywords: Quick, Easy, Clean, Favorite