Indian Chicken Korma Coconut Milk Recipe
An Indian chicken dish with cashews, coconut and golden raisins.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Place the cashews and coconut in a bowl and cover with an inch of water.
- Let soak overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and place in a high speed blender. Puree until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add in the coconut milk and puree until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- In a large, oven-safe frying pan with high sides, heat the oil on high.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Place in the hot oil in the frying pan and cook each piece on both sides, until golden brown.
- Place chicken on a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium/high and add the onion, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, and ginger.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with the golden raisins.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover.
- Place the pan in an oven preheated to 325 degrees. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Add in the cashew/coconut sauce and cook for another 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken lightly. Check seasonings and add more salt, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, cashews, and golden raisins. Serve atop red quinoa or cauliflower rice.
*If at any time during the baking process you feel the liquid levels are too low or the sauce is too thick, add in another 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
Keywords: cashews, coconut, coconut milk, Garam Masala, chicken, raisins