These blueberry oatmeal muffins are made with whole wheat flour, oat flour and honey - so you can feel good eating them.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking wrappers or grease the tins well with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the honey, eggs, and coconut oil in a mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add in half of the coconut milk mixture and whisk until just combined. Whisk in the remaining dry ingredients and finish by adding in the remaining coconut milk mixture, mixing just until combined - do not over-mix.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins (tins will be completely full of batter).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until tops are set.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan. Store in an airtight container.
For maximum freshness, I like to store these in an airtight container on the counter with a paper towel on both top and bottom. Anything you don't eat in two days, it's best to freeze. Storing them in the fridge does make them last longer, but the texture isn't nearly as good.
Keywords: Soft, Fluffy, Healthy