This American tacos recipe is so fast, hearty and fresh at the same time. It's a lot less messy than regular tacos and cheaper because it uses chili with affordable beans to make it stretch farther. Plus, the corn chips are super yummy.
FOR THE CHILI:
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 14 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 28 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 14 ounce can Red or Kidney Beans (drained)
TO SERVE WITH:
- 1 bag Corn Chips (such as Fritos)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced, Fresh Chopped Tomatoes
- Green onions (chopped)
- Heat a large pan to medium/high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking into small crumbles.
- When the beef is fully cooked, add the onion, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt to the pan. Stir into the seasoned ground beef and cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and beans. Stir in and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook chili for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is rich and thick. Test seasonings and add more salt, if needed.
- Serve the chili over a bed of corn chips and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, salsa, or green onions, as desired.
Keywords: Easy, American, Hearty, Fresh