This Paleo salmon only has a few ingredients and cooks up in less than 30 minutes.
- On a flat surface, lay out two pieces of foil (12” long each) with the pieces overlapping in the center. Place the salmon in the center of the foil.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the butter, garlic, cilantro, bell pepper, salt, lemon, and honey. Spoon the mixture over the salmon so that the fillet is fully covered. Fold the longest ends of foil over the salmon. Roll up the two ends of foil so that the salmon is completely enclosed in a packet.
- Place the Foil packet on a grill heated to medium. Cover the grill with the lid and let cook for 12-15 minutes. Salmon will be firm and flake easily when done. Carefully remove packet from grill, open packet, and slice. Serve!
If you are concerned about using aluminum foil for cooking, some alternatives are:
- place the fish straight on the grill and brush the sauce on - but that can get pretty messy pretty fast
- cook it in a cast iron skillet on the grill with a lid
- use grilling papers or cedar wraps
- Dried corn husks have worked for some people
- I've read that butcher paper can work too
I haven't tried a lot of these alternatives - so if any of you have, please comment below and let other readers know what works as an alternative to aluminum foil.
Keywords: Paleo, Easy, Healthy