These gluten-free Cheddar Bay biscuits taste just like Red Lobster's - but they are gluten-free. I'm addicted to these!
- 2 Cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 Tbl sugar (I used coconut palm sugar but anything should work)
- 1 Tbl baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil (or unsalted butter)
- 1 Cup milk (I used almond so anything will work)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- few dashes Tabasco sauce (optional, could also use a little cayenne pepper)
- 1 1/4 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 Cup shredded Parmesan (I bet grated would work too)
- 1-2 Tbl melted coconut oil or butter
- about 2 Tbl finely chopped fresh parsley
- a few pinches garlic powder
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Line a regular cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment, or spray with nonstick.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. The dough will be stiff.
- Knead/stir in the cheese. It might be easier to use your hands (was for me)
- Use a trigger ice cream scoop or a 1/4 c measure to portion out the biscuits onto the sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until they're slightly brown on the bottom.
- Brush with melted coconut oil or butter and sprinkle with parsley and garlic powder before serving.
Keywords: gluten free, copycat, easy, fun