I love how I can get a healthy, satisfying dinner on the table in 30 minutes and everyone likes it. I really like this chicken tortilla soup because you don't even have to cook the chicken first.
- 2 Tbl oil of your choice
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped or sliced)
- 2 Small Zucchinis (cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons)
- 4 oz Diced Green Chilies
- 1 Diced Jalapeno (or you can omit if you don't like the heat and flavor)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 large chicken tenders (either cooked, uncooked or frozen)
- 1 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Coarse Real Salt
- 4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbl Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Cilantro
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- Diced Avocado
- Lime Slices
- Cheddar Cheese
- To a large dutch or stockpot, add oil and heat on medium-low.
- Add the onion, peppers, zucchinis, jalapeños, etc. and cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are all soft.
- Just before serving, add the chopped cilantro and check seasonings. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
Keywords: healthy, satisfying, enjoyable, easy, healthy