These gluten-free flourless brownies are a rich, dense, and decadent chocolate treat. But I love that they are made from chickpeas and cashews, so they are full of fiber, healthy fats and protein!
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews (soaked for 1 hour in warm water discard the water after done soaking)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder *
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup * (agave * or honey can be substituted)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt *
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips * (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, into a blender.
- Blend until a batter forms (the batter will be thick).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook or it will dry out the brownies.
- Allow them to cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving to help them "set."
If you have a high-speed blender (i.e. Blendtec or Vitamix) you can skip soaking the cashews. But if you do, you will need to add a little water to the blender to make up for the amount of water the cashews soak up soaking.
Keywords: Gluten-Free, flourless, rich, dense, decadent