They are crisp, butter cookies that almost have a shortbread texture. They are made by squeezing the dough out of a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and twisting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or non-stick mats.
- Place the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and coconut palm sugar in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Add the egg, butter and extracts to the dry ingredients and process until a soft dough is formed.
- Scoop the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip like THIS ONE.
- To make the snowflakes, hold the piping bag, tip down, about 1/4" from the prepared baking sheet and squeeze the dough out, twisting slightly as you squeeze. When the snowflake is about 2" in diameter, stop squeezing and lift the bag from the sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 1 1/2" apart. Sprinkle cookies with sugar sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes, or until golden brown on the ridges.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute, then remove and place on a wire rack.
Keywords: crispy, buttery, fun, gluten-free