This is easy to make in one bowl and has the same taste and texture as traditional gingerbread, but with wholesome, nutrient-dense ingredients.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour *
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch *
- 1/4 cup agave * nectar (pure maple syrup * may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp molasses (unsulphered)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt *
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shift together the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and Real Salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased mini loaf pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If you don't have a mini loaf pan, you can use a muffin tin and decrease the baking time (makes approx. 8 muffins).
- Not all cashew butters are created equal. 1/4 cup coconut flour was the perfect amount for me, but if your batter seems really runny, add 1 more Tbsp of the coconut flour.
Keywords: coconut flour, arrowroot starch, agave nectar, cashew butter, molasses, Paleo gingerbread