All this takes is a box cake mix, Jello, pudding and Cool Whip. I love how easy it is and how it is so light and refreshing.
- 1 Box Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Small Package Red Jello
- 1 Small Package Lemon Instant Pudding
- 1 Small Container Cool Whip or Whipped Heavy Whipping Cream
- Make yellow cake mix.
- Make 1 pkg, of red Jello w/ less water (1 cup not 2)
- Poke holes in cake with fork and pour Jello over the cake slowly so it can soak into the fork holes.
- Make 1 small pkg. lemon instant pudding according to package directions.
- Put pudding on top and top with 1 container of Cool Whip. (Sometimes I mix the pudding and cool whip together before putting it on top of the cake. Sometimes I layer them with the cool whip on top)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferable at least 4 hours before serving. The cake mix can be made and the jello poured into it the day before. That way it gets jelled and cooled properly.
Please note that while Jello and instant pudding don't have any gluten items in them they are not labeled as gluten-free because of the chance of cross-contamination.
Keywords: summer, light, refreshing, easy