Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe in a Lemon Butter Sauce
This grilled mahi-mahi recipe is simple enough to make on a weeknight but fancy enough for company. Once you try this lemon butter sauce, you will want to put it on everything!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 6 (5-6 ounce) Mahi Mahi fillets
- Real Salt *
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Tbl Butter (Ghee * for Whole30 and possibly Paleo, depending on your beliefs)
- 1/4 Onion (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Lemons
- Preheat a grill to medium/high heat.
- Place the Mahi Mahi fillets in a bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the fish, to taste.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fish and turn the fish to coat.
- Place the fish on the hot grill and let cook for about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness), turning carefully. You will know it is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from the grill to a serving dish.
- While the fish is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium/high heat in a small saute pan.
- Add the minced onion to the butter and saute for about 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the sauce and stir in until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Pour butter sauce over the top of the mahi mahi and serve.
Keywords: Grilled, Easy, Fancy, Healthy