This one pot chili mac and cheese only takes about 20 minutes to make! I make it all the time for weeknight dinners or family parties, because both children and adults LOVE it.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Poblano Chili (seeded and chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 - 14 ounce can Fire-roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Kidney or Red Beans
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 8 ounces Spelt Macaroni Noodles , uncooked
- 2 cups Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 2 Tbl Parsley (chopped)
- Heat a large pot to medium/high. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up into small pieces.
- Add the olive oil, onion, chili, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin to the beef and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until onion and chili have softened.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, beef broth, and macaroni noodles to the pot. Stir to combine and then cover the pot with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring contents every minute or two, until the noodles are al dente.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the top of the chili mac with the shredded cheese and parsley. Cover until service to allow the cheese to melt.
Keywords: easy, one-pot, 30-minute, quick