This beef stroganoff made in the crockpot and healthy and easy to get started and when it is done cooking it is full of rich, deep flavor with a hint of sweetness from the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Everyone I have fed this to has practically inhaled it!
Crock Pot Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 cups (about 6 oz.) coarsely chopped white mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 (12 oz.) package Jovial einkorn fusilli noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
Add crock pot ingredients to a 6-quart oval crock pot. Stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
When the meat is done cook the noodles according to their package directions.
Cut the meat into smaller chunks or shred, if desired.
- To serve, have each person put the amount of meat, noodles and sour cream they prefer in their own bowl and stir on their own. If some like mushrooms and some don't you may want to cook them separately add them later.
- To freeze, put any leftover crock pot meat sauce into freezer containers and freeze. To eat, heat the sauce on the stovetop with a little beef stock added or in the microwave for a few minutes. Add freshly cooked noodles and sour cream.
Keywords: rich, healthy, easy