This Clean Eating navajo taco fry bread recipe is super easy because it doesn't have to rise and pulls together in a few minutes. You can even get away with only putting a little oil in the bottom of a pan. My kids totally love this stuff!
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in milk, and mix until the dough comes together. The amount of milk is an approximation. Just add a little at a time until it comes together. With the einkorn, you will need a lot less milk, like maybe 1/4 cup less.
- Add more flour if necessary to be able to handle the dough. On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth, at least 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, deep heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Oil should be anywhere from just coating the bottom of the pan to 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Break off 3/4 cup sized pieces of dough, and shape into round discs 1/4 inch in thickness, making a thinner depressed area in the center. Fry breads in the hot oil until golden on both sides, turning only once. Drain on paper towels.
Keywords: clean eating, easy, no-rise