Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
I love making a big batch of these Clean Eating breakfast cookies ahead of time so they are ready for breakfast. I love how quick it is in the morning and they taste good and are healthy too!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Cup regular or quick-cooking oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 Cup pitted dates (about 5–6 large)
- 3 bananas
- 1 Cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/3 Cup sunflower seeds *
- 3 Tbl pure maple syrup * (can sub agave * or honey)
- 3 Tbl almond flour *
- 1 Tbl ground flax
- 1 Tbl chia seeds * (plus addtl. for topping)
- 1/4 Cup raisins to stir in (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350. Prepare a cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Grind 1 c regular oats in food processor about 30 seconds.
- Add the dates and pulse a few times until combined.
- Add the steel cut oats, applesauce, raisins, sunflower seeds, maple syrup, almond meal, flax and chia seeds and pulse until combined.
- Remove the container from the food processor and stir in 1/4 c raisins if you like.
- Use a 2 Tbs cookie scoop or drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Top each with a sprinkle of chia seeds (optional).
- Bake 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
Keywords: Easy, Make Ahead, Quick