I love making a big batch of these ahead of time so they are ready for breakfast. I love how quick it is in the morning and they taste good and are healthy too!
- 1 cup regular or quick-cooking oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (about 5-6 large)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup steel-cut oats, cooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins plus an additional 1/4 cup to stir in (optional)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (can sub agave or honey)
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (plus additional for topping)
- Heat the oven to 350. Prepare a cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Grind 1 cup of regular oats in a food processor for about 30 seconds.
- Add the dates and pulse a few times until combined.
- Add the bananas, steel-cut oats, applesauce, raisins, sunflower seeds, maple syrup, almond meal, flax, and chia seeds. Pulse until combined.
- Remove the container from the food processor and stir in 1/4 cup raisins if you like.
- Use a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop or drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Top each with a sprinkle of chia seeds (optional).
- Bake 20 minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Calories: 1
Keywords: Easy, Make Ahead, Quick