These use almond flour as the main ingredient and are sweetened with your choice of Keto brown sugar and your favorite white sugar substitute. They turn out amazingly soft yet a little crunchy and are super hard to stop eating. You'll wonder how you ever survived before finding this recipe!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened but not fully melted
- 1/4 cup keto brown sugar (such as Swerve Brown or Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend Brown)
- 1/4 cup granulated or crystallized monkfruit/allulose blend (such as Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend Crystallized)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour *
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour *
- 1/4 teaspoon Real Salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup Keto chocolate chips * or cacao nibs *
- Sea salt flakes *, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the butter, keto brown sugar, and granulated monkfruit/allulose blend in a bowl.
- Whisk in the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon scoop to measure out the dough. Roll it into balls, arranging them 6 to 8 per baking sheet.
- Pop the whole tray in the freezer to chill the dough balls for 5 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet from the freezer directly to the oven.
- Bake the cookies one tray at a time until they’re golden around the outside but still look a touch doughy in the center, about 9 minutes.
- If using the flaky sea salt, lightly sprinkle each cookie right when they come out of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the tray before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.