I love how I can do anything while this bakes and how it makes a delicious lemon butter sauce right in the pan.
- 4 Tbl Grass Fed Butter (ghee * for Whole30 or a fat of your choice for dairy-free like avocado oil or coconut butter *)
- 6 Chicken Thighs (Either with the skin on and bones in or boneless skinless. Nutrition information is for boneless, skinless.)
- Real Salt *
- Black Pepper
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbl fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk *
- Fresh rosemary (to garnish)
- slices of fresh lemon (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a ceramic coated dutch oven over medium/high heat. Add the butter and melt. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the hot butter, skin side down. Let chicken cook for a few minutes, until a deep, golden brown. Flip chicken over and brown the other side as well. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and oregano and sauté for 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth and all the juice from one lemon. Bring to a boil and stir for one minute to deglaze the pan. Add the chicken thighs back into the pan and pour the coconut milk over the top. Bring to a boil and turn off the stove. Place the dutch oven in the preheated oven and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes (40-50 minutes if boneless, skinless) until internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Chicken skin should be crispy and meat tender when chicken is done. Place chicken on a platter. Taste the sauce and add more salt, if needed. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with fresh oregano and lemon slices.
Keywords: Baked, Easy, Healthy