Very fluffy and light paleo biscuits with a great texture.
- 1 Cup Almond Flour *
- 2/3 Cup Tapioca Flour *
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour *
- 2 tsp Paleo Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt *
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Boxed Coconut Milk, Unsweetened Almond Milk or other Milk of your choice
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients and cut in using your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dairy free buttermilk (which is the coconut milk and the lemon juice mixed together, let it set for a few minutes before doing this step) and the eggs until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the well of dry ingredients and fold in using a rubber spatula until fully combined.
- Mixture will be wet.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes so that the flours can absorb more moisture. This will make it easier to shape into biscuits.
- When the dough has sat for several minutes, you will notice it is not as wet and sticky as it was.
- Coat a 1/4 C. measuring cup with tapioca flour (this can be done by scooping a full 1/4 C. of flour and then dumping it back out and tapping the cup upside down to remove clumps).
- With the flour coated measuring cup, scoop up enough dough to fill the cup and then invert it on your baking sheet.
- You may need to tap the handle a bit to allow it to fully release.
- An ice cream scoop with a spring release will also work for more of a drop biscuit shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing each biscuit 2" apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops have turned lightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
If using canned coconut milk * (the very thick full-fat kind), you only need to use a couple tablespoons diluted in water.
Keywords: fluffy, light, Paleo