Caramelized Pecan Banana Nice Cream Recipe
A paleo ice cream recipe that only has 4 ingredients and is a healthy version of a classic dessert treat. It is creamy with caramelized bananas and pecans and rich from the brown butter.
- Prep Time: 480 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 495 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 4 Bananas
- 3 Tbl Butter (salted)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk * (canned, chilled)
- 1/2 Cup Pecans (chopped & toasted)
- Slice 2 of the bananas and place the slices in a sealed bag or container in the freezer overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Slice the remaining 2 bananas into rounds at least 1/2″ thick.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium/high heat until the butter begins to foam and turn very lightly brown.
- Place the banana slices in the saute pan with the butter and cook until the bottoms turn golden brown.
- Flip slices over and brown on the other side.
- Transfer the caramelized bananas and butter to a container or thick ziploc bag(use a rubber spatula to scrape all the butter and browned bits in as well) and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas (both the caramelized and the un-caramelized)in a high-speed blender like a Vitamix *. A food processor would work, as well.
- Break up any large, stuck together pieces as best you can.
- Pulse the frozen bananas until they start to look like very large bread crumbs.
- Add the coconut milk and blend.
- You may have to scrape down the sides and press the banana crumbles down into the center a few times.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Mixture will be thick like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add the pecans to the ice cream and mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop into dishes and serve immediately.
Keywords: Paleo, Classic, Creamy, Rich