I added sesame oil to the dressing for this salad to add a little extra Asian flair. I used orange bell peppers in the salad, but red or yellow would work just as well. Red onion could also be used in place of the green onions, if desired.
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 3 pieces Romaine Lettuce Hearts (chopped into bite sized)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (sliced (red or yellow would be fine too)
- 1 Carrot (peeled and sliced into very thin sticks)
- 1/4 Red Cabbage (shredded)
- 15 ounce can Mandarin Oranges (drained)
- 4 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds (lightly toasted)
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, until done. Cook time will really depend on the size of your chicken breasts. They should be at an internal temperature of 165 degrees when done. Remove chicken from oven and lett cool completely.
- When the chicken is cool, cut into thin slices. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, bell pepper, carrot, cabbage, mandarin oranges, onions, almonds and sliced chicken.
- Whisk the honey, vinegar, mayo, sesame oil, and salt together in a small bowl. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss everything together.
Keywords: Asian, Chinese, Oriental, Easy, Full Meal