This is a recipe for Paleo cupcakes and they are made to taste like snickerdoodle cookies.
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Paleo Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Tbl Vanilla
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk (canned)
- 8 Tbl Butter (melted)
For the Buttercream:
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with a total of 16 cupcake liners.
- Place the coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and mix together with a whisk.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk, beating together well with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, whisking until well combined. Add the melted butter to the batter and mix in well.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to allow the coconut flour time to absorb the liquids.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until tops of cake are firm to the touch and spring back.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
For the buttercream:
- Place the butter, honey, cinnamon, and coconut flour in a bowl and beat with a mixer until well combined. Beat in the coconut cream, 1 t. at a time, until fully incorporated. Mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Scoop into a piping back and pipe on top of cooled cupcakes.
- Mix the coconut palm sugar and ¼ t. cinnamon together and sprinkle desired amount on top of cupcakes.
Keywords: Paleo, healthy, easy