The Best Ever Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
These gingerbread cookies hold their shape when cooked and have a nutty flavor and they’re Paleo too.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca starch, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until a thick dough forms (It will resemble wet crumbs that stick together when you pinch them with your finger). You may need to mix for a minute of two until the dough comes together. Don’t worry about over-mixing the dough, since it contains no gluten you can’t over-develop it and cause tough cookies. (It’s important to use an electric mixer or the ingredients won’t be able to combine enough to get wet.)
- Combine the dough by pressing it together by hand, until it forms one large ball.
- Place the dough in-between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out the dough to a 1/4″ thickness. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Peel the top layer of parchment off of the sheet of dough. Cut out gingerbread man shapes with a cookie cutter and place the gingerbread men 1″ apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan and store in an airtight container immediately. To keep soft while storing, add a piece of bread to the container or one of those clay bears soaked in water.
- Decorate with desired icing and toppings!
If your mix is either really dry and won’t come together to a ball or if you like a softer cookie AND you don’t eat Vegan, try adding 1-2 egg yolks.
Keywords: Paleo, Nutty, Healthy, Christmas