This hamburger bun recipe that is Paleo is surprisingly easy and good. I especially love it with Paleo sloppy joes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, and hot water and whisk together until very smooth. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to fully absorb into the liquids.
- Place 8 mounds of batter, about 1/4 cup each, evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet. I use a 2 tablespoon scoop and place two scoops on top of each other. see picture for reference to how the batter should look before it goes in the oven.
- Sprinkle the tops of the buns with poppy seeds, dehydrated garlic, or sesame seeds(or all mixed together!) before baking, if desired.
- Bake buns for 8-9 minutes, or until set in the center. let cool and store in an airtight container.
- Makes 4 buns using 2 pieces for a top and a bottom.
Keywords: Grain-Free, Paleo, Healthy