These "oatmeal" cookies are chewy and soft. They can have nuts added in, if you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until chopped well, forming a paste. Add the honey to the dates and process until blended together. Add the butter to the processor and blend with the dates and honey.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the processor and blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend in with the wet until just combined. Add in the raisins (more or less, according to your preference) and stir into the dough.
- Scoop out mounds of dough (2 T. per cookie) and roll into a ball. Place the dough balls on a greased baking sheet or a Silpat on a baking sheet and press down to about 1/2" thickness (cookies will not change shape or spread at all while baking).
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes, or until just turning brown on the bottom.
- Remove them from the oven and cool them cookies on a wire cooling rack.
Keywords: chewy, soft, Paleo, healthy