These Paleo short ribs are fall off the bone tender and hardly any work. Perfect for a fancy weekend dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil over medium/high heat in a ceramic coated cast iron pot.
- Coat the short ribs in coarse salt and pepper and place in the hot pan.
- Cook until deep golden brown and then flip each piece over and brown on the other side.
- Remove the ribs from the pan to a plate.
- Add the onion to the hot pan and saute until onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for another 30 seconds, coating the onion.
- Add the red wine, if using, and let it reduce by one half. Add the beef broth and bring to a simmer. If you are not using the wine, simply add in the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
- Put the short ribs back in the pan. Toss in the rosemary sprigs, cover with a lid, and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until ribs are fall off the bone tender.
- Serve over polenta or a vegetable puree, such as parsnips or cauliflower.
Keywords: Tender, Baked, Braised