These bars are almost like a cross between a pumpkin cake and pumpkin pie. They are so moist and flavorful….lots of spice! I added a drizzle of melted white chocolate atop the bars for a little sweetness…they’re really not overly sweet bars at all. That could be totally optional, though. I just knew it would make them pop in the pictures and the flavors go well together. Melted dark chocolate * would work well too.
- 1 Cup Oat Flour *
- 1 ½ scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Real Salt *
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Allspice
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (Fresh or Canned)
- ½ Tbl Vanilla
- ½ Cup Pecans or Walnuts (chopped, optional)
- ½ Cup White or Dark Chocolate Chips * (melted, optional)
- Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and brown sugar.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the top of the batter evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the dish for at least 20 minutes before slicing into squares.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the bars, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Keywords: best, easy, frosted