I love how easy these crock pot chimichangas are. Just throw some stew meat in the crock pot, let it cook all day, fry it in a tortilla and add some toppings. This is my new favorite recipe!
- 1 Pound Beef Stew Meat
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Large Flour Tortillas (depending on your diet you may need to use Clean Eating tortillas, gluten-free flour tortillas or Paleo tortillas)
- Avocado oil (or vegetable oil of your choice)
Serve with any of the following (leave off any that don't fit with your diet)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Black beans or pinto beans
- Place the stew meat, beef broth, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, and pepper in a crock pot. Cook on high heat for four hours or low for eight hours. Shred the meat with a fork or tongs.
- Heat one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium/high heat. Lay the tortillas out on your work surface and divide the meat mixture evenly between them, spreading the meat in a rectangle shape. Fold two sides of a tortilla inward, then roll the tortilla up horizontally. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Fry the stuffed tortillas in the hot oil, turning on each side once browned. When the entire tortilla is golden brown, remove from oil and drain on a paper towel. Cook remaining tortillas.
- Serve hot over beans, topped with desired toppings.
Keywords: easy, healthy, tender