This Clean Eating baguette recipe is easy to make and it looks pretty to impress guests and my family with.
- Combine the einkorn flour , spelt, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Mix the honey and warm water together.
- With the mixer on low speed, add 1 C. of the water to the dry ingredients. Slowly add the remaining 1/4 c. of honey water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the bowl until a dough forms. Dough should be moist, but not sticky. You may not need all of the water. Let the dough rest in the bowl for 10 minutes.
- Lightly dust your work surface with einkorn flour . Knead the dough for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Coat your hands with flour, as needed.
- Divide the dough into 2-3 equal pieces(depending on if you want two larger or three smaller baguettes). If making 3 baguettes, roll each piece of dough into a 12" long log.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust with einkorn flour .
- Place the three dough logs evenly spaced lengthwise on the flour dusted parchment. Using a sharp knife, make 5-6 diagonal cuts across each baguette.
- Lift the parchment paper in between each baguette and crease to separate each one.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and let rise in a warm location for 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degree. Place an oven proof, non-glass dish on the bottom rack of the oven.
- When the dough is ready, add about 10 ice cubes to the hot oven proof dish and immediately place the sheet of baguettes on the middle rack of the oven and shut the door. Turn the temperature down to 450 degrees.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until baguettes are golden brown.
- Eat the same day baked for best texture.
Keywords: Clean, Easy, Pretty