These only take a few minutes to cook. I've made these hundreds of times. These can be used for tortillas, tacos, low-carb pizza crusts, wraps, etc.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the oil. 1/2 cup of the water and mix in, adding in the last tablespoon little by little, until slightly sticky dough forms. You may not need all of the last tablespoon of water. If you are using whole grain spelt flour you will probably need a little more water.
- Dust a work surface with more spelt flour and knead the dough until it is no longer sticky and soft, about a minute.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls and cover with a cloth. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Usee and rolling pin and roll each ball into a very thin circle, about 6 inches in diameter. Roll from the center to keep the circle even.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Cook each tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side, or until bubbles form on each side.
- Serve warm or keep warm in a tortilla warmer or pile on a plate with a paper towel between each layer and sit in a warm location.
- Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: Clean Eating, Easy, Versatile