This Southwest sweet potato is simple and satisfying with black beans, red quinoa and topped off with a homemade tomatillo crema dressing. It is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 2 Medium-sized Sweet Potatoes
- 2/3 Cup Red Quinoa (cooked and kept warm)
- 2/3 Cup Black Beans (cooked)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- Real Salt (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Pico de Gallo (or salsa)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Heat the black beans in a small saucepan with the garlic.
- Add salt to taste.
- To assemble: Slice the sweet potato across the top, cutting all the way down to the bottom of the potato. Pinch the ends together to open up the potato.
- Fill each potato with 1/3 cup warm quinoa.
- Top the quinoa with 1/3 cup black beans per potato.
- Top beans with 2 tablespoons pico de gallo per potato.
- Drizzle the tomatillo crema over the top of each potato.
- Place the cashew in a bowl and pour hot water over to cover. Let soak for at least 1 1/2 hours, overnight is best.
- Drain the soaking liquid and place the cashew in a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Add salt to taste.
Keywords: loaded, simple, satisfying, homemade