Paleo Baba Ganoush Recipe
I like to use this a lot like hummus and dip vegetables or pita bread in it or use as a sandwich spread instead of mayonnaise. But it’s healthier because it’s basically just eggplant with spices.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 1 Eggplant (or two small)
- 1/4 Cup Tahini Paste
- 3 Tbl Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1–2 Tbl Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (to top)
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Prick the eggplant all over with a fork so that steam can escape.
- Place the eggplant in an oven safe dish and place in the oven.
- Broil until the top begins to char.
- Flip over and char on the other side. If the eggplant is not fully tender at this point, reduce oven heat to 400 degrees and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until eggplant is very soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Scoop the flesh out of the eggplant (do not use skins) and place in a blender.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, paprika, and 3/4 of the parsley.
- Blend until mostly smooth.
- Place in a serving bowl, drizzle the top with olive oil and the remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve with pita wedges and fresh vegetables.
Keywords: eggplant, Tahini Paste, lemon juice, Baba Ganoush