I like to use this Keto baba ganoush recipe a lot like hummus and dip vegetables in it or use it as a sandwich spread instead of mayonnaise.
This baba ganoush is a very delicious dish and seems crazy that it is so healthy for you. Who knew healthy foods can be tasty?! 🙂 So I am glad to give you a recipe for a similar Middle Eastern sauce/ spread. It also goes really well with veggies such as bell peppers, carrots, and peas. I love how I eat way more vegetables when I have a good dip like this.
You can also use it on a pita sandwich as a spread and I love that, especially if there is some eggplant in the sandwich too. When I first tried baba ganoush at a restaurant, I fell in love. I love the flavor of eggplant but I was always afraid of it before now. The only other time I tried eggplant was on eggplant parmesan years ago in Little Italy in Boston and it was really good.
The whole family can enjoy this Recipe and if you start to make it you might find that you can keep it in the fridge or even the table long enough to have baba ganoush when you want it. 🙂 So if you dare, give this recipe a try and you might just be surprised!
Eggplant is naturally bitter and at first, when I made this it was bitter and I couldn’t understand why. Then I read that salt reduces the bitterness of the eggplant. I mentioned it to my mother and she told me about how my grandmother used to make an eggplant dish for special occasions. My grandmother was Italian and made a lot of traditional Italian dishes. My mom remembers my grandmother putting tons of salt on the eggplant. Seriously, like half a cup and rubbing it in and letting it sit. Then she would wash it off before she cooked it. I realized that my grandmother probably did that get the bitterness out.
Here are some answers to some common questions:
What goes with baba ghanoush?
Typically is served with pita bread or crusty French bread or crostini or you can just eat it with a spoon.
Can you make Baba Ganoush Without Tahini?
Yes, you can. Not all baba ganoush recipes call for tahini.
What is a good substitute for tahini?
You can substitute any nut butter, like peanut butter or almond butter.
Can you freeze baba ghanoush?
If you freeze eggplant alone is will turn into a mushy mess that tastes bitter. But dishes with eggplant that are prepared like baba ganoush can handle it.
What is Baba Ganoush in wedding crashers?
Wedding Crashers is a 2005 movie where Baba Ganoush is used as a nickname by Owen Wilson’s character for his friend played by Vince Vaughn.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Keto Baba Ganoush Recipe
I like to use this a lot like hummus and dip vegetables or pita bread in it or use as a sandwich spread instead of mayonnaise. But it’s healthier because it’s basically just eggplant with spices.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Prick the eggplant all over with a fork so that steam can escape.
- Place the eggplant in an oven safe dish and place in the oven.
- Broil until the top begins to char.
- Flip over and char on the other side. If the eggplant is not fully tender at this point, reduce oven heat to 400 degrees and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until eggplant is very soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Scoop the flesh out of the eggplant (do not use skins) and place in a blender.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, paprika, and 3/4 of the parsley.
- Blend until mostly smooth.
- Place in a serving bowl, drizzle the top with olive oil and the remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve with pita wedges and fresh vegetables.
Keywords: Healthy, Dip, Spread