I love this crock pot chicken noodle soup recipe because the chicken cooks all day and gets really tender and then I make simple noodles. It's so comforting and healthy and everyone loves it.
- 6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs (skin removed)
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Bunch Celery (chopped)
- 8 Carrots (peeled, halved and sliced)
- 1 Tbl Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2-4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 recipe Homemade Chicken Noodles (uncooked)
- Real Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
FOR THE EGG NOODLES:
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- ½ tsp White pepper
- about 3 ½ Cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Place the chicken thighs in a crock pot and cover with 6 C. of water.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or until fall off the bone tender.
- Turn the heat off and move chicken thighs to a bowl to cool. When cool enough to touch, remove the bones from the chicken and slightly shred. Keep warm along with the chicken broth in the crock pot.
- Heat the oil in a stock pot. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and sauté on medium/high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and oregano and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth in the crock pot through a strainer and pour into the stock pot. Add another 2 C. of chicken broth to the pot, add the bay leaves, and bring everything to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the uncooked noodles to the soup and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until noodles are fully cooked(they should rise to the top when done).
- Add more chicken broth, if needed. Add the chicken to the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves, and stir in the fresh parsely.
FOR THE EGG NOODLES
- Beat eggs and water; add dry ingredients. Mix well. Roll out thin (in plenty
- of flour) and roll up like cinnamon rolls, slice very thin. Toss with your
Keywords: comforting, healthy, tender